Se Habla Espanol
Traditional Braces – Arlington, TX
The Tried and True Path to Straighter Teeth
The last couple of decades have seen the advent of numerous advanced orthodontic treatments, including clear aligners and other methods that patients flock to for their aesthetic benefits. However, some classics never go out of style! Traditional metal braces are a tried and true method for straightening teeth that offers numerous advantages. Plus, they have made strides forward and are more comfortable and subtler than the braces of generations past.
Why Choose Ravi Doctor, DDS for Traditional Braces?
- Member of the American Academy of Orthodontics
- Correct Even Severe Orthodontic Issues
- Luxurious Dental
How Do Traditional Braces Work?
Traditional braces have two primary components: brackets and arch wires. The brackets are small pieces that Dr. Doctor will bond directly onto the surface of your teeth. Their job is to hold an arch wire in place. Together, the brackets and arch wires apply gentle, sustained pressure to the teeth in order to move them into their proper positions. In some cases, patients require additional gear, such as rubber bands or a palatal expander, to ensure the treatment’s long-term success.
What Smile Problems Can Be Treated With Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces are a versatile treatment. They are capable of addressing a range of dental misalignment problems, from mild aesthetic ones to severe ones that adversely affect the mouth’s function.
Crowded teeth may trap food between them and increase the risk of decay. Traditional braces, along with possible extractions, can ensure that each member of your smile has enough space to thrive.
Spaces Between Teeth
Excess space between the teeth may make you feel self-conscious. Those gaps may also leave you vulnerable to periodontal (gum) problems. Braces can gradually close those pesky spaces and improve both your mouth’s function and appearance.
Incorrect Bite Alignment
Crossbite, overbite, and underbite are terms used to describe problems with the way teeth fit together when they are closed. These issues can affect your facial aesthetics and put you at risk for TMJ problems. In many cases, braces are able to correct improper bite alignment.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
Some of the most outstanding benefits of traditional braces include:
- Braces can correct more severe issues than other types of orthodontic treatment.
- Self-expression. Younger patients have fun choosing the colors for the brackets. Adults generally prefer neutral colors, but if you want to choose a more vibrant hue, you absolutely can!
- No need to remember to wear them. Removable orthodontic treatments, such as clear aligners, are wonderful. However, they require that you remember to wear them. Since braces are bonded to the teeth, you won’t ever have to worry that you’ll forget to put them in your mouth.
- Cost-effectiveness. Traditional braces tend to have a lower cost than other types of orthodontic treatment.
- It’s normal to experience some soreness after your braces are tightened. However, the treatment is more comfortable than most patients anticipate.
Understanding the Cost of Traditional Braces
As mentioned above, traditional braces are among the more affordable orthodontic options. Your financial obligation will depend on the extent of the dental alignment problems that need to be corrected, as well as on which orthodontic accessories you will need. Some dental insurance policies provide up to 50 percent coverage for the cost of braces. Our practice is also happy to accept CareCredit, Lending Club, and Med Loan Finance financing.