Se Habla Espanol
Teeth Whitening – Arlington, TX
Quickly Vanquish Dental Stains
Teeth are not naturally white. Add to that the fact that many popular foods and beverages, such as coffee and tea, can contribute to staining, and it is easy to understand why many individuals bemoan their lackluster smiles. If your teeth are not as bright as you would like, Dr. Doctor and our team are ready to help. Contact us today to schedule your cosmetic consultation. We may determine that either in-office or take-home teeth whitening is right for you.
Why Choose Arlington Dental Professionals for Teeth Whitening?
- In-Office and Take-Home Treatments Available
- Versatile Teeth Whitening Solution
- Award-Winning Dentist
If you would like to achieve a whiter smile as quickly as possible, an in-office treatment may be right for you. First, we will protect your gums and other tissues in your mouth that might be irritated by the treatment. Then, we will apply a powerful whitening agent to your teeth, which will penetrate the enamel and break up even deep-set stains. In-office whitening usually takes about an hour or so, and it can whiten teeth by several shades!
Take-Home Whitening Kits
Some patients find it uncomfortable to sit through an in-office whitening treatment, and others have sensitive teeth. For such individuals, a take-home professional whitening kit might be a better option. Use the kit according to the provided instructions, and you may begin to notice results within the first few days of use. It usually takes a couple of weeks to achieve optimum whitening.
Take-home kits are also well-suited for people who want to touch up their results following an in-office whitening treatment.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Here are some noteworthy benefits of teeth whitening:
- It is one of the most affordable cosmetic dentistry
- With proper care, the results can last for years.
- Professional whitening is safer and provides more dramatic results than over the counter whitening products.
- Thanks to advancements in teeth whitening techniques, any sensitivity you experience should be fairly minimal.
- Professional whitening products can address most types of discoloration, including stains from food, beverages, and even tobacco.
- Whitening can be used as part of an overall smile makeover plan. It is often recommended for people who are planning to invest in veneers or bonding.
Maintaining Your Results
During the first 24 – 48 hours after an in-office whitening treatment, you should stick to a “white diet” because your teeth will be more vulnerable to stains than usual. As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid consuming anything that would leave a stain on a white t-shirt. Some acceptable food and beverage choices during this period include clear liquids, pasta with white sauce, potatoes, apples, and dairy products without added coloring.
After those first few days, you can resume your normal eating habits. However, you should consume staining items in moderation. It’s also best to drink dark liquids through a straw in order to minimize their contact with your teeth. Using a whitening toothpaste to brush at least twice a day can help to keep new stains to a minimum.