Multiple Tooth Implants – Arlington, TX
Filling in the Gaps in Your Smile
Modern dentistry offers a number of different tooth replacement options. However, out of all the available choices, only one rebuilds teeth from the roots up: dental implants. The implant themselves are substitutes for the lost tooth roots, and they are restored with prosthetics that are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth. If you have suffered the loss of multiple teeth, dental implants from Dr. Ravi Doctor and our team may be the ideal solution from you.
Why Choose Ravi Doctor, DDS for Multiple Tooth Implants?
- Diplomate of the American Dental Implant Association
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Board-Certified Dental Implantologist
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
Before you decide to commit to dental implants, you may want to learn about your non-implant tooth replacement options:
- Fixed bridge. A fixed bridge, otherwise known as a crown and bridge, is a multi-unit prosthetic that gets attached to the teeth on either side of a gap (the abutment teeth). Each of the abutment teeth receives a crown, and the crowns support 1 – 3 artificial teeth between them.
- Partial denture. A partial denture is a removable prosthetic that fits in around the remaining missing teeth. It can replace multiple teeth at different places throughout a dental arch. Small metal attachments help it to remain in place.
- Full denture. A full denture is a removable prosthetic that replaces either all of the upper or all of the lower teeth. Natural suction or a mild adhesive help it to stay secure during eating and speaking.
The Dental Implant Process
The above-listed tooth replacement options are all relatively quick procedures. The dental implant process takes longer, but it is worth the wait! It begins with a consultation, wherein Dr. Doctor will determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. If you are, you will undergo a minimally invasive surgery, during which Dr. Doctor will place implants in your jawbone at strategic, pre-planned positions. After you heal from the surgery, you’ll receive bridge or denture to accompany your implants and complete your tooth replacement journey. From beginning to end, the entire dental implant process may take several months to a year or longer.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Dental Prosthetics
Choosing to replace your missing multiple teeth in Arlington with implant-supported prosthetics will bring you numerous benefits:
- Since dental implants are self-supporting, it may not be necessary to modify or extract any of your remaining natural teeth
- Dental implants have the potential to last for 30 years or longer (a denture or fixed bridge may last for just 5 – 10 years)
- Dental implants provide much greater chewing strength than full or partial dentures
- In many cases, it is possible care for dental implants in almost the same way that you care for natural teeth
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and help to keep it strong and thick
Find Out More
Are you ready to find out if implant-supported tooth replacement can help you to regain a complete, healthy smile? Contact our team today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Doctor.