Se Habla Espanol
Dental Implant Failure & Salvage – Arlington, TX
Save Your Rebuilt Smile
When it comes to tooth replacement, there’s no treatment that’s more successful or long-lasting as dental implants in Arlington. This state-of-the-art restoration has an astonishing success rate of over 95%, even 10 years after placement! However, dental implant failure is still a possibility, either right after your placement surgery or many years later. Thankfully, should you encounter any problems, our team here at Arlington Dental Professionals can save your rebuilt smile with dental implant salvage. If you’re concerned about the wellbeing of your dental implant, don’t hesitate to contact us right away!
Why Do Dental Implants Fail?
Thanks to their strong foundation in the jawbone, there are very few things that can cause your dental implant to fail:
- Failed osseointegration: Once your implant is placed, it fuses with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration. If this process is hindered by poor oral hygiene, bad habits, or infection, the implant may not form a strong bond with the bone tissue.
- Peri-implantitis: This infection is the most common cause of dental implant failure. It often develops from poor oral hygiene, causing an infection in the gums around your dental implant. Over time, it can weaken the jawbone and destroy the connective tissues that help hold the implant in place.
- Physical trauma: Should an accident or physical trauma occur that injures the jawbone or damages the titanium post, your dental implant could fail.
- Certain medical conditions: A dental implant could also fail due to osteoporosis, uncontrolled diabetes, and other medical conditions that influence your oral health.
Symptoms of a Failed Dental Implant
Dental implant failure can happen any time after your placemen surgery, whether that’s within a few weeks or several years later. Here are some common warning signs of dental implant failure to watch out for:
- Persistent, worsening, or intense pain around the dental implant
- A wobbly or loose sensation in the dental implant
- Bleeding, swelling, or discharge around the dental implant
- Difficulty or discomfort while chewing
How Dental Implant Salvage Works
If you notice any signs of dental implant failure, don’t hesitate to contact us right away! We’ll help evaluate your situation over the phone and schedule you an appointment for as soon as possible. Once we’ve had a chance to evaluate your oral health and dental implant, we’ll go over your treatment options.
At Arlington Dental Professionals, we have a wide variety of specialized treatments that can potentially be used to salvage your dental implant. This could include relatively simple treatments like a deep cleaning or antibiotics, or you may require a more complex procedure like periodontal therapy, bone grafting, or tissue regeneration. Whatever your situation calls for, you can count on Arlington Dental Professionals to go above and beyond to rescue your restored smile.