Dentures – Arlington, TX
Convenient, Reliable, and Functional Tooth Replacement
Dentures are perhaps the most well-known tooth replacement option. Throughout the generations, they have helped countless individuals to enjoy renewed confidence in their smiles and improved oral function. Modern dentures are stronger, more reliable, and more aesthetically pleasing than ever before. If you are interested in taking advantage of this restorative dentistry service, you can rely on Dr. Ravi Doctor and our team to help you.
Why Choose Ravi Doctor, DDS, for Dentures?
- Natural-looking Results Tailored to Your Unique Oral Anatomy
- Traditional and Implant-Supported Prosthetics Available
- Top-Rated Dentist
What Are Dentures?
There are a few different types of dentures:
- A full denture is designed to replace either all of the upper or all of the lower teeth. It consists of a gum-colored base that supports a row of artificial teeth, which are usually made of acrylic or porcelain. Natural suction or a denture adhesive secures a traditional full denture in place.
- A partial denture replaces multiple teeth. It can replace a few teeth in a row, or it can replace teeth at various places throughout a dental arch by fitting in around the remaining natural teeth. Small attachments keep it secure in the mouth.
- An implant-supported denture can either be a full or partial denture. Its primary characteristic is that it is anchored in the mouth via prosthetic tooth roots that have been inserted into the jawbone.
Am I a Candidate for Dentures?
You may be a candidate for dentures if:
- You have lost multiple teeth.
- Your natural teeth are loose or have suffered significant decay or damage.
- You want a reliable and convenient way to restore your smile.
- Your gums are healthy enough to support dentures.
- You have an old denture that no longer fits well
Depending on your circumstances, Dr. Doctor may recommend that you receive implant-supported dentures rather than traditional ones. This is usually true for patients who are free of gum disease and who have adequate bone density in their jaw to support dental implants.
Benefits of Dentures
Traditional full and partial dentures offer numerous benefits:
- They are cost-effective. In most cases, dental insurance is willing to cover a significant portion of the cost of dentures.
- The treatment process is relatively quick. It is possible that you could have a new set of teeth in a matter of weeks.
- They are durable. Traditional dentures usually last at least 5 years before replacement becomes necessary.
- They are natural-looking. Well-designed dentures are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- They allow you to eat most foods. After you adapt to using your dentures, you will be able to enjoy a wide variety of foods.
Implant-supported dentures offer even better benefits. For example, they usually last for at least 10 years, and they support jawbone health.
Cost of Dentures
The cost of your dentures will depend largely on the type of denture you receive. Full dentures may cost more than partial dentures, and implant-supported dentures tend to cost more than their traditional counterparts. The materials used to make your dentures, as well as your insurance coverage, may also have a bearing on your financial obligation. Our team will be sure to give you a candid estimate for the cost of your treatment and help you explore resources that may make it easier for you to fit your new smile into your budget.